Health and safety is a primary objective for Hillier Marsden Ltd. We are committed to ensure that all construction activities taking place on our development sites are performed in the safest manner. We want to achieve workplaces free of accidents, to ensure the health and safety of all the persons carrying out the construction work as well as the persons affected by the construction work, in any way. Working towards that objective, we allocate the appropriate resources so that effective health and safety management is part of the planning, design and execution of our projects. Our health & safety policy and procedures are in place to ensure the safety of each and every individual associated with our company and services.
- to provide and maintain a safe place of work with safe access and egress;
- to provide and maintain safe plant and equipment;
- to ensure safe transport, storage, handling and use of substances;
- to prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health;
- to ensure compliance with the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations (CDM) 2007:
- The CDM (Construction Design and Management) team members, perform their work in order to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety of persons carrying out the construction work as well as persons affected by it, in any way.
- All relevant (pre-construction) information necessary by designers, contractors or others to plan and manage their work is allocated.
- All suitable arrangements are in place to ensure that the construction work can be carried out, safely and without risk to health or the environment.
- To develop campaigns to promote and encourage safety and health awareness of employees and others affected by their undertakings and to consult with employees.
- To ensure that these standards are communicated to all employees, consultants, contractors and sub contractors.
In order to put these health and safety policies and procedures into effect Hillier Marsden Limited maintains standards and procedures in line with applicable national and local legislation relating to Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. Hillier Marsden Ltd will carry out a regular review of this policy, to ensure continuous improvements and that our high standards of health and safety are maintained and relevant.
If you have any questions about our Health and Safety policies, please get in touch!
Give us a call on 01256 769429 - we're happy to answer any questions you may have.